Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
Eesti keel kui teine keel ja eesti kultuur
study programme title in Engl.
Estonian as a Second Language and Estonian Culture
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
languages and cultures
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary education or equivalent foreign qualification.
Study programme aims and objectives
To create opportunities for acquiring basic knowledge in the area of Estonian as the second language, show more...
its literature and culture. To create readiness for professional development, for working in philological specialties and continuing studies. To develop the ability to plan and implement of one’s life-long learning, by reference to the above.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- possesses a comprehensive knowledge of Estonian philology and culture and the skill to relate this knowledge to a specific domain in the field of study show more...
- understands the structure and development of the Estonian language, Estonia´s cultural history and its literature
- has a basic knowledge of techniques used in second language acquisition and bilingualism
- possesses the necessary skills for using this knowledge in professional practice
- can communicate with target groups and address problems occurring in the use of the Estonian language as a foreign language
The student must fulfill the curriculum in required volume;
The student must write and defend his/her BA thesis;
For graduating one foreign language skill at B2 level;
For non-Estonians the Estonian language skill at C1 level;
Computer skills necessary for studying at university.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits