Course title in Estonian
Sissejuhatav praktika õpetajakoolitusse
Course title in English
Introductory Practice to Teacher Education
lecturer of 2022/2023 Spring semester
Tiina Anspal (language of instruction:Estonian)
lecturer of 2023/2024 Autumn semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
• to create prerequisites for getting acquainted with the learning environment of the general education school, teaching and the role of the teacher in it;
• support the acquisition of primary observation and analysis skills;
• to support students' systematic self-analysis
Brief description of the course
1. Getting acquainted with the internship school, work team, school work organisation, documentation and management;
2. Getting acquainted with the work of the teacher and the support team;
3. Participation in school teaching, including observation, recording and analysis of teacher(s') lessons depending on the subject;
4. Supervising students' learning;
5. Reflecting on the role and activities of the teacher and oneself.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is able to see the connections between school reality and theoretical knowledge acquired in educational subjects;
- is able to analyse the school environment and work organization and the role of the teacher (incl. has examined the documentation regulating the work organisation of the school and the teacher);
- is able to reflect on one's activities and self-development.
Tiina Anspal (vastutav), Kätlin Reinik
The course is a prerequisite
In order to complete the pass/fail assessment, the student must complete all tasks related to the placement and submit an activity report approved by the school. The pass/fail assessment is based on observation tasks and the e-portfolio.
Study programmes containing that course