Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
Principles of Learning Design
lecturer of 2022/2023 Autumn semester
Mart Laanpere (language of instruction:Estonian)
lecturer of 2022/2023 Spring semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
This course aims at introducing pedagogical and technological methods of developing multimedia-based courses, providing an integrated approach to theory and practice of instructional design, and formation of skills needed for learning design. The course prepares participants for contributing to real-life course design projects and serves as an input for the following course IFI7209 Educational Technology and Learning Sciences.
Brief description of the course
Independent study 2 ECTS, group works 1 ECTS, practicum 1 ECTS. Participants will be engaged in practical assignments in the context of a group project which takes them through four phases of learning design: needs analysis, selection and sequencing of the learning content, design of learning environment, and formative evaluation of the course.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is able to analyse the needs of their target group and define learning objectives for a course;
- can apply concept mapping and task analysis techniques for domain analysis;
- can select instructional strategies and tactics suitable for target group;
- is abel to create learning design diagrams and storyboards to present their instructional strategy;
- can select and adapt suitable online tools for creating an effective online learning environment;
- can prepare formative evaluation plan for a course prototype.
HTK vanemteadur Mart Laanpere, PhD
Hindamisele pääsemise tingimused: kolme iseseisva töö ja ühe rühmatöö esitamine hiljemalt 1 nädal enne eksamit
Study programmes containing that course