lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
Rain Mikser (language of instruction:Estonian)
Maire Tuul (language of instruction:Estonian)
Tiia Õun (language of instruction:Estonian)
Meidi Sirk (language of instruction:Estonian)
Tiina Anspal (language of instruction:Estonian)
- To support the student's readiness to write and present a research paper;
- To support the student in choosing scientific sources related to the research topic and in creating a theoretical overview;
- To support the student in setting up a research question, specifying the research design and the choice of methodological approach;
- To support the development of the student as an independent ethical researcher.
Brief description of the course
The basis and requirements of writing a research paper, incl. formatting requirements: contents of the work, language and style, layout, referencing, etc. Assessment criteria of research paper. An overview of the current research plan: research topic, problem, goal, research questions and methods. Specifying the research problem and research design. Searching for and using literature related to the research topic. Creating a theoretical overview of the research paper and presenting it.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- independently finds the necessary theoretical sources for the research and forms a justified approach to the research topic;
- determines and justifies the research problem, chooses an appropriate research design and plans the collection and analysis of data;
- submits the theoretical overview of the research paper which complies with the requirements for scientific research;
- analyses themselves as an independent ethical researcher.