Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
YK - School of Governance, Law and Society
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Tervis ja heaolu
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Sotsiaaltöö ja nõustamine
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education; Entrance exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
-To create prerequisites for the shaping of socio-pedagogical show more...
knowledge and skills in order to notice social problems of children and youth and to solve them with pedagogical methods;
- To support the shaping of skills in order to get to know the children and youth with difficulties of adaption, behaviour and studying, counselling of them and supporting their ability of social activity and management.;
- To shape the skills and knowledge of the student about the possibilities of appreciation of leisure time and hobby activities of children and youth and its association to preventive activities;
- To create prerequisites to continue the studies on master´s level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has knowledge of socio-pedagogical work with children and youth and is able to choose methods according to the situation and target group show more...
- has acquired the qualifications and competence for socio-pedagogical work dependant on the target group in different institutions (educational and social care institutions; local municipalities; youth centres, day and support centres; juvenile detention centres etc.) in public, private and voluntary sector
- understands the environmental impact on development and studying
- is able to evaluate existing systems of social protection (including legislation) critically and use it for child protection and development
- is capable of team-work and is able to be a team leader by understanding the opportunities of a functional network
- is able to gather information and interpret it critically and creatively
- has compliance to continue the studies for a master´s degree
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis or passing the Bachelor’s examination. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
2016/2017 academic year, providing for the termination condition of English proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level and the student should complete at least one course in English.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits