Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education. show more...
Study programme aims and objectives
Create opportunities for.
- Understanding the theoretical approaches show more...
and opinions in life-long learning and education (including adult education); relating these and critically evaluating them; developing the competence for working in organizations within different sectors in the fields of education (including adult education) and training; undertaking continuing studies at the master´s level;
- Understanding the social and educational purpose and functions of adult education and the principles of and connections between adult learning and teaching;
- Developing expertise in adult development, learning and directing in purposefully created learning situations in degree studies, work preparation, additional training and/or free education and in the process of self-development;
- Understanding the roles of an adult educator; understanding and defining the learning needs and development possibilities in adult education;
- The development of expertise that supports post-graduate work as an organiser of adult education, school consultant, study and training specialist, manager or assistant of a training project in public,
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands, links and evaluates critically the theories, show more...
conceptions and views of lifelong learning, education, incl. the area of adult education, adult development and learning at the level of society, community, group(s) and individuals
- understands and analyses social and educational aims and functions of adult education in the context of adult learning and teaching
- supports and directs adult development and learning in aim-specific learning situations in different social contexts
- understands himself/herself as a personality and defines himself/herself as an adult educator, incl. an active and responsible member of a group/community
- cognises and reasons individual learning needs and development opportunities
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and passing the Bachelor_s examination. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Since graduating from 2016/2017, graduation is subject to the knowledge of one foreign language at the B2 level of the European Language Reference Framework.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits