Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Early Childhood Education
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Koolieelikute õpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education. show more...
For admission a student must pass an exam
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create opportunities for the acquisition of broad education in Educational Sciences in the area of early childhood education;
- to support the formation of skills to work in jobs that require early childhood education teacher’s knowledge;
- to create opportunities for continuation of studies in early childhood education teacher at a Master’s level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has basic knowledge in educational sciences, systematic knowledge pre-school education, show more...
knows the principles of child development, subject didactics and methods of scientific research
- knows how to integrate theoretical knowledge into practical work with children and adults
- knows how to create a favourable intellectual and physical environment for child development
- knows how to plan, integrate, analyse critically and evaluate pedagogical processes
- is able to search information by using various information sources in the area of pre-school education and to orientate in specific questions and problems of the field
- knows how to conduct empirical research, write and formalise a Bachelor thesis
- know how to reflect upon one's activities, evaluate one's needs for self-education and further training, as well as one's possibilities to continue at a post-graduate (Master´s) level
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
2016/2017 academic year, providing for the termination condition of one foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level
2017/2018 academic year, providing for the termination condition of one foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level and the student must complete at least one foreign language study exposes substance.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits