Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Sotsiaalteadused, ajakirjandus ja teave
Study programme group
journalism and information
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Graduation Certificate or a corresponding qualification show more...
giving access to higher education; admission exam
Study programme aims and objectives
- Deepen general education knowledge in humanities;
- To create condition for study basic knowledge in journalism and to acquire some practical skills in journalism;
- To create conditions for acquire some practical work experience in some media channel;
- To create conditions for the future studies on the master’s level and for the future self develop and life-long learning.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the basic knowledge of journalistic work, self-regulation and ethic norms of journalism, and is able to associate them with everyday work in different journalistic channels show more...
- knows main communication and journalism theories
- knows basics of collecting, analyzing and processing the information
- has knowledge for independent analytical research
- has acquired cultural knowledge, is able to adjust in multicultural environment, and knows specifics of cultural differences
- has skills for identifying the need for continuous studies and professional development
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis or passing the Bachelor’s examination. Student who is admitted starting from academic year 2016/2017 can graduate only with bachelor`s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits