Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
Integreeritud tehnoloogiad ja käsitöö
study programme title in Engl.
Integrated Craft and Home Economics Technologies
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
State examinations: mother tongue (estonian school) or for graduates from Russian-medium schools national examination in Estonian 25%. Entrance examination 75% consisting of motivation letter and specialized test, individual conversation.
Study programme aims and objectives
- to create the conditions to acquire technological (handicraft, show more...
home economics, craft- and technology education) multidisciplinary education which allows to start working in the profession or continue studies at Master’s level;
- to create the possibilities for the formation of general cultural world view;
- to develop necessary ethical, aestethic and ecological values;
- to promote the knowledge of the necessity of craft and practical life skills when preserving and developing cultural heritage;
- to give basic knowledge of the entrepreneurship.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the properties and traditions of the material aspect of the Estonian national culture show more...
- is able to analyse and assess critically modern information and consumer society
- is able to plan, design and prepare the products, to plan process of production development
- creatively uses the acquired technical and technological knowledge and skills, and is able to associate the theory and practice
- is capable of working with a team to solve professional creative or theoretical problems, and to analyse and present the results
- has primary skills in carrying out research in the field of specialisation
- analyses his/her professional activity and plans further professional development
- is able to use infotechnology and professional literature means to analyse and solve problems in field of specialisation
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits