Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
Saksa keel ja kultuur
study programme title in Engl.
German Language and Culture
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
languages and cultures
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Study programme aims and objectives
To provide preconditions in order to learn main terms and theories in the field of German language, literature and culture;
To acquire knowledge in the German language, literature and culture for future work;
To create preconditions for applied activities in the specialization in larger cultural and social context;
To support individual critical thinking;
To create preconditions for independent research;
To create preconditions for further MA studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the main terms and theories used in German language, literature and culture and understands the relationship of his/her own field to other disciplines show more...
- proficient in German at CEFR level C1
- is able to carry out basic scientific research in his/her field
- is able to communicate with different target groups, work in a team, and implement specific expertise in a wider cultural and social context
- is able to define his/her own developmental needs and is equipped to pursue master's studies
180 ECTS (credit points)
Student must pass all the courses stipulated by the curriculum, show more...
and defend a final thesis. Student must meet the general language and computer skills requirements
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits