Brief description of the course
Introduction to vector graphics, basic tools and shapes. Advanced shapes and lines, basics of the design. Types and texts. Vector graphic effects. Color models, effects and composition. Scales and technical drawings. Introduction to raster graphics, basic tools and operations. Layers and selections. Masks. Color manipulation and layer modes. Raster effects and web graphics. Combining vector and raster graphics.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is able to design vector graphic images;
- can manipulate raster graphic photos;
- can integrate vector and raster graphics;
- can choose optimal tools based on the task;
- has an overview of terminology of computer graphics;
- visualizes ideas graphically.