Course title in Estonian
Operatsioonisüsteemide paigaldus ja haldus
Course title in English
Installation and Maintenance of Operation Systems
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
õppejõud on määramata
lecturer of 2019/2020 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The purpose of the course is to give overview of the main principles of maintaining computers and mobile devices and introduce the use of administrative tools of operating systems.
Brief description of the course
• Windows operating systems
• Linux operting systems
• OS X and iOS
• Installation of operating systems
• Configuration of operating systems
• Elementary security settings
• Mass deployment of operating systems
• Remote maintenance of operating systems
• Maintenance of user profiles
• Maintenance of mobile devices at school
• Backup and recovery of data
Student will complete two independent assignments. The solution to each assignment will be a written report. Typical assignment will be a configuration of some subsystem of operating system as per given specifications. The exact specifications of individual assignments can be found in course syllabus.
Learning outcomes in the course
After completing the course the student can:
· name different operating systems and describe their differences;
· install and update operating systems;
· configure operating system components for different scenarios;
· name, find and use administrative tools necessary for maintaining operating systems;
· use virtualization tools at a basic level;
· name and use mass management systems of computers and mobile devices;
· name and set up elementary security measures.
Written multiple choice test. In order to be allowed to take the test the student must complete two individual assignments. The multiple choice test gives 100% of the final mark.
Arvestusele pääsemiseks peavad olema esitatud ja hinde „arvestatud“ saanud kõik iseseisvad ülesanded.
Ainet pole võimalik läbida asenduskirjanduse alusel.