Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Filosoofia ja eetika
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education. show more...
Admission is based on the results of national exams and the vocational aptitude exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
- Create opportunities for aquiering philosophical education;
- Create the basis to continue ones further studies in master level of philosophy or any other field in humanities;
- Support the development of skills neccesary for work in a proffession that requires independent and informative thinking and ability to measure ones need for further studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has knowledge of the main problems- and history of philosophy, cultural theory and -history show more...
- is able to orientate in philosophical problems
- is able to read philosophical texts
- is able to deal with problems by philosophical means
- is able to articulate philosophically
- is able to do philosophy independently and proceed her or his studies in a masters level
- has general communicative abilities, group work abilities and ability to work in a multicultural environment
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits