Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
languages and cultures
Study programme subgroup
en: Kirjandus ja lingvistika
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Study programme aims and objectives
On successful completion of the curricula, students will be able to work as reviewers, show more...
editors, spokesmen in institutions assuming the communication in foreign languages and on other posts assuming advanced skills of correct language use. Create a possibility to acquire foreign languages which are very important while working as a reviewer, design the ability to continue studies on the MA-level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands the structure and orthographic standards of the Estonian language show more...
- demonstrates the skill of applying theoretical knowledge in practical language planning
- uses Estonian language correctly in both written and oral professional communication
- demonstrates proficiency at B2 level in at least one foreign language and at B1 level or above, in one other foreign language
- finds information for use in reviewing Estonian and foreign language texts
- demonstrates the skills necessary for working in a position related to communication and editing. Can identify their own continuing educational requirements
The student must fulfill the curriculum in required volume;
The student must pass examinations in all required subjects, s/he must write and defend his/her thesis;
For graduating one foreign language skill at leat B2 level and other language at B1 level;
For non-Estonians the Estonian language skill at C1 level;
Computer skills necessary for studying at university.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits