Course title in Estonian
Hiina keel B2.1
Course title in English
Chinese Language B2.1
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
Qizhou Chen (inglise keel) tavaline kursus
lecturer of 2019/2020 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The course aims to give a knowledge in all constituent skills in Chinese language level B2.1.
Brief description of the course
During the course will be learned to read and write 150 new Chinese characters (1350 in total) and their usage in sentences. Students will learn to produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects. There will be learned to have deep discussion about two faces of one issue, etc.
Individual work involves fulfilling home assignments, home reading, preparation for individual and group presentations both in oral and written form.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon successful completion of this course, the student
• is able to write and read required 1350 Chinese characters in texts
• understands the main ideas of long and complex speech
• understands the main points of the conversation, the speaker’s viewpoints, his/her intentions and the level of formality of the conversation
• has a broad active vocabulary for reading various texts
• is able to write clear, detailed texts on a variety of subjects related to his/her field of interest and on familiar abstract topics
• is able to analyze and report information and arguments from a number of sources.
The student has to participate in at least 70% of lessons (100 hours), and take all tests and submit all home assignments by deadline.
Grades will be assigned based on following criteria:
5 presentations during the class: 5%
5 essay writing task before the final exam: 5%
Final exam in the end of term (listening ,reading and writing (75%) and spoken test (25%): 85%
The course is a prerequisite
Fu, You, Developing Chinese (2nd edition) –Intermediate Listening Course (1). Beijing Language and culture university press.2012
Xu, Guimei. Cui, Na. Mou, Yunfeng. Developing Chinese (2nd edition) –Intermediate Comprehensive Course (1). Beijing Language and culture university press.2012
Lu, Zhiying Developing Chinese (2nd edition) –Intermediate Speaking Course (1). Beijing Language and culture university press.2012
In-class handout and additional readings.
Prerequisite course CIC6116.CI Chinese Language B1.2
Liu, Xun .New Practical Chinese Reader Textbook and Workbook 5. Beijing Language and Culture University Press. 2002