Brief description of the course
The concept of project, types and history. The structure of a project organisation. Project phases. Identification phase: problem analysis, development of ideas. Preliminary study: market research, risk analysis, SWOT-matrix. Logframe: inputs, activities, outputs, objectives and indicators. Project proposal and assessment methods. Planning phase and compiling the plan: developing the activity schedule (MS Project Gantt-chart and a network diagram), budget, planning human resources and quality management system. Planning communication, information and co-ordination system. Project management software.
As an independent groupwork, a project plan with appendixes will be compiled by students and presented in seminars. Case studies take place in seminars, too.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- has knowledge of project preparation phases and methods;
- has knowledge of project management software tools;
- has skills for using project management methods for project preparation and planning;
- has skills for preparing a project time chart by using MS Project software;
- has competence for independent preparation of projects and compiling a project plan, logframe, a time-chart and the budget.