Course title in Estonian
Joonistamise ja maalimise stuudio II
Course title in English
Drawing and Painting Studio II
lecturer of 2020/2021 Spring semester
Krista Simson (õpetamise keel: Estonian) ordinary course
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
Acquiring knowledge about figurative drawing and developing skills through work at the studio.
Acquiring knowledge about painting as means of modeling the world and develop skills to put this knowledge in practice.
Brief description of the course
Drawing: acquiring fundamental knowledge and skills for figurative drawing. Short course of plastic anatomy. Live studio: drawing male and female nude using different techniques and modes of expression.
Painting: acquiring fundamental knowledge in colour modeling, colour contrast, light situation. Colouring and mood. Pasting and glazing technique, grisaille. Abstraction, different painting styles. Painting a portrait. Painting a figure, incl. etude. Constructing a human figure, dynamics of a human body. Modeling a detail. Figure sketch, figure studio.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student...
- has knowledge about the basic construction of a human body;
- has knowledge about human proportions, anatomy and external forms, and the ability to apply this knowledge in drawing and painting activities;
- is able to decipt figure using creatively different drawing and painting techniques and modes of expression;
- is able to model with colour, to find patterns in light/shade and air perspective, to impart the mood of the whole;
- has fundamental skills in painting a portrait;
- is able to install a figure in the room situation;
- is able to see and deepen into detail.
Dots Krista Simson
Õppekavaversioonid, millesse aine kuulub