Course title in Estonian
Joonistamise ja maalimise stuudio II
Course title in English
Drawing and Painting Studio II
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2018/2019 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
lecturer of 2018/2019 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
Acquiring knowledge about figurative drawing and developing skills through work at the studio.
Acquiring knowledge about painting as means of modeling the world and develop skills to put this knowledge in practice.
Brief description of the course
Drawing: acquiring fundamental knowledge and skills for figurative drawing. Short course of plastic anatomy. Live studio: drawing male and female nude using different techniques and modes of expression.
Painting: acquiring fundamental knowledge in colour modeling, colour contrast, light situation. Colouring and mood. Pasting and glazing technique, grisaille. Abstraction, different painting styles. Painting a portrait. Painting a figure, incl. etude. Constructing a human figure, dynamics of a human body. Modeling a detail. Figure sketch, figure studio.
Reading relevant disciplinary literature, finishing studio works, developing a portfolio of sketches.
Drawing: creating a personal plastic anatomy book
Learning outcomes in the course
- knowledge about the basic construction of a human body
- knowledge about human porportions, anatomy and external forms, and ability to apply this knowledge in drawing and painting activities
- ability to decipt figure using cteatively different drawing and painting techniques and modes of expression
- ability to model with colour, ability to find patterns in light/shade and air perspective, ability to impart the mood of the whole
- fundamental skills in painting a portrait
- ability to instal a figure in the room situation
- ability to see and deepen into detail
Exam. Exposition of completed works.
Dots. Orest Kormašov, lekt Linda Elken
Complete guide to life drawing / Gottfried Bammes.Tunbridge Wells (Kent) : Search Press, 2014. HU 741/B11
Roger Malbert. Drawing people : the human figure in contemporary art / London : Thames and Hudson, 2015.HU 741/M13
Drawing as expression : techniques and concepts / Sandy Brooke. Upper Saddle River (N.J.) : Prentice Hall, c2002. TLÜAR humanitaarteaduste saal (koju)
Think : inside the sketchbook / Gillian Robinson, Alison Mountain, David Hulston. London : Collins Education, 2011.HU 741/R61
Vitamin P₂: new perspectives in painting / designed by Julia Hasting; introduction by Barry Schwabsky. : Phaidon, 2011, 2013. EKAR, EKMR,TÜR
Painting people : the state of the art / Charlotte Mullins. London : Thames & Hudson, 2006. EKMR
Realism in 20th century painting / Brendan Prendeville.London : Thames & Hudson, 2000 EKAR,EKMR,TlnKR,TÜR
Kuna tegemist on praktilise ainega, siis asenduskirjandus puudub.