Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Ärindus, haldus ja õigus
Study programme group
business and administration
Study programme subgroup
en: Turundus ja reklaam
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Graduation Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Admission exam 100%
Study programme aims and objectives
Offer the opportunity to acquire extensive education in the show more...
field of corporate communications and public relations with the objective to educate qualified communication specialists for government, private and third sector organisations;
Provide knowledge and skills to work in the field of corporate communications and public relations;
Provide necessary knowledge and develop skills for working in local and international environments and for continuing studies at Master´s level;
Enable international experience for students in order to increase the competitiveness of the region´s communication specialists at international level;
Unite the theory and practice of communication management and public relations necessary for successful strategically planned public relations management in different sectors;
Promote professional practice of corporate communications and public relations;
Develop research in the field of corporate communications and public relations.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has systematic overview of the concepts, theoretical treatments and research methods of corporate communications and public relations show more...
- has broader knowledge of theoretical schools, development and current issues in the field of communication
- is able to define, phrase and analyze problems within the communication field and find, apply and evaluate the effectiveness of different solutions
- is able to participate in teamwork and, when necessary, lead the team or work independently
- is able to explain the problems of the study field both orally and in writing and participate in discussions
- is ready to actively take part in civil society and support the principles of democracy, mainly freedom of speech and pluralism of opinions
- has the skill to value knowledge and evaluate the role and results of their own professional activities
- is able to apply acquired knowledge and skills to work professionally in both local and international environment, continue studies and to engage in continuing professional development
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the final portfolio or passing the final examination. Student who is admitted starting from academic year 2016/2017 can graduate only with bachelor`s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits