lecturer of 2022/2023 Spring semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
To provide an overview of more important environmental processes, Estonian and global environmental problems, their influence and prevention. Different Estonian natural resources, their usage and protection are discussed.
Brief description of the course
Ecology, environmental protection, notions of nature protection and their relationship. History of nature protection and environmental protection. Global environmental problems, Estonian environmental problems. International cooperation in environmental protection. Physical and chemical environmental factors and their importance in the environment. Population ecology. Main economic branches influencing the environment in Estonia. Estonian natural resources (geology, rivers, lakes, sea, flora, fauna), their usage, principles and legislation related to them. Different types of protected areas and protected territories in Estonia.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- has knowledge about principles in ecology and environmental protection;
- has knowledge about natural resources and main environmental problems in Estonia;
- has knowlege about opportunities of managing recreation in Estonian nature;
- has skills to analyze the causes and results of environmental problems;
- has skills to follow environmental protection actions in recreational activities;
- has skills to plan recreational usage of natural resources.