lecturer of 2024/2025 Autumn semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
The subject requires basic knowledge of Excel. The purpose of the subject is to teach you to manage large data tables in Excel, use various Excel functions, teach basic knowledge for writing macros in Excel
Brief description of the course
window splitting, sorting, filtering, custom filter and special filter. conditional format. Frequency tables, statistical functions. Diagrams, dates and times, date arithmetic, text functions, searching, validation, lookup functions, pivot tables.
Creating, repairing, and running VBA procedures. Using VBA Editor. Declaring variables. IF clause. Input and output sentences. Case statement. Basic VBA Functions. Loops. Useing dates and times. Arrays. String functions. Sub-programs and functions in VBA. Using forms. Using files to read and write data..
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- has skills in MS Excel advanced options, including various data analysis tools for spreadsheet calculations;
- can process and analyze large volumes of data, as well as use various Excel functions and combine them to make calculations;
- can create simple macros (sub-programs) in VBA;
- can search for program errors and check the progress of the program;
- can efficiently combine recorded and handwritten code;
- can create new user functions and use them on the Excel worksheet.