Course title in Estonian
Spordivigastuste rehabilitatsiooni alused
Course title in English
Basic Principles of Sport Injuries Rehabilitation
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2020/2021 Autumn semester
õppejõud on määramata
lecturer of 2020/2021 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
To create prerequisites for obtaining knowledge and skills, what are necessary for understand recovery processes during the training process, and injuries preventions.
Brief description of the course
The course provides the participating students an overview of the: medical and physiological bases of recovery in sport, the importance of recovery processes in sport; modern rehabilitation recourse effect on the body and use basic principles . The most common mechanism of sport injuries, symptoms and intervention basic principles and injuries prevention principles.
Independent work of literature in the given topics.
Preparation practical work and presentation it based on the science-based literature.
Learning outcomes in the course
Student, who has completed the course:
• is able to critically assess the risks sport injuries arising from the structure of the training ;
• understands the importance of rehabilitation recourse and correct use these of different sports;
• recognizes the symptoms of basic sports injuries;
• knows the basic principles of injury prevention and is able to implement in training processes.
Exam – practical
To pass the subject is necessary to have background knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology.
1. Orava, Sakari.Spordivigastused, Tln. 2014