Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Teacher of Physical Education
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor's degree in Physical Education or an equivalent level of qualification.
haridusteaduse magister (kehakultuuri õpetaja)
Study programme aims and objectives
Support the development of a science- based and research- focused approach to the teacher’s work and ensure the willingness for a continuous professional development;
Contribute to the building up of teacher competences for an academic year of professional activities as a teacher of Physical Education;
Establish the conditions for building up professional competences as a teacher of Physical Education, applying for a EKR5- level license of a coach/sport instructor and for working in the field of Sports Management.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows pedagogical-, speciality-, subject- and didactical fundamental concepts, theories and research methods show more...
- distinguishes different educational (pedagogical) paradigms and estimates critically their applicability
- is able to create interdisciplinary links between pedagogical-psychological and professional knowledge
- is able to describe and analyse pedagogical process and the factors affecting it, including for self-reflection and for planning further improvement
- demonstrates through independent research work deepened knowledge in the field of pedagogics and teacher training in the speciality of physical culture, both in Estonian and in a foreign language essential for the speciality
- is ready to participate in civil society and observe ethical principles
- has acquired knowledge and skills that enable to continue in doctoral studies
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses