This is a proficiency level practical English course, which aims at developing speaking skills within the framework of topics related to academic communication, integrating it with other skills.
Brief description of the course
The course focuses on language related to the university (studies, academic activities and obligations, relationships among students, the position of the university in society, ties between different universities, comparison of getting a higher education etc.), its processing and acqusition.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- has familiarized him- or herself with the main terminology and concepts of the topic;
- has studied the assigned articles on the topics, are able to identify the main and secondary problems in them. They can also relate the problem to their own experience through commentary;
- is able to complete individual and group presentations on the given topics and deliver them on the appropriate lexical and grammatical level;
- is able to apply the newly acquired lexis, completing the given tests with a positive grade.
- has to demonstrate noticeable improvement in terms of lexis, topic discussion, linguistic accuracy and fluency.