Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Filosoofia ja eetika
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor degree or an equivalent level of qualification. Admission is based on the results of the vocational aptitude exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create opportunities to acquire in-depth knowledge and skills for philosophical research and their wider application in solving social and cultural problems;
- create opportunities to deepen competence in modern philosophy, especially in a global and comparative context;
- to create preconditions for successful students to continue their academic work in doctoral studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has thorough knowledge of the most important courses, concepts, methods and their practice in contemporary disciplines of philosophy show more...
- is able to analyze in depth the social, global, scientific and cultural problems directly and more generally related to the specialty and to find reasoned solutions to them
- is able to compose research projects and write scientific articles in the subject field
- is able to orientate in the global diversity of philosophical, scientific, ethical and historical traditions
- is able to identify one's needs for further studies and professional development
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master´s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits