Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
lecturer of 2020/2021 Spring semester
Mart Soonik (õpetamise keel: English, Estonian)
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
Provide systematic overview of the principles of organizational communication, theories, organizational behaviour and management in the context of different organization theories and usual communication problems in organizations. General principles of communication management planning and daily work are provided as well. The course prepares students to plan, implement and measure the results of internal communication activities.
Brief description of the course
The course will cover following topics: communication processes in different types of organizations; the relations of organizational communication with organizational behaviour, culture and decision making; the role of internal communication in employee motivation; managers and their communication etc. Students will practice conducting internal communication process based on one channel.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student...
Upon completion of the course the student:
- can define, what is organizational communication and knows the main concepts of the field;
- can define the main actors and factors in internal communication, knows their purpose and roles;
- can conduct preliminary necessary surveys;
- can measure the effectiveness of organisational communication and knows appropriate system of measuring;
- recognizes traditional „bottlenecks“ in internal communication;
- knows the main principles of internal communication planning.
The course is a prerequisite
Õppekavaversioonid, millesse aine kuulub