Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2020/2021 Autumn semester
õppejõud on määramata
lecturer of 2020/2021 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The objective of the course is to create opportunities for understanding connections between pedagogical and vocational education knowledge and school realities; to support the vocational training and education process, and the development of analytical skills associated with the learning environment and students' characteristics.
Brief description of the course
The preliminary internship is completed in a vocational education institution where school realities are observed and analysed. The learning environment in a vocational education institution: regulations of teaching activities of the school, school culture, the working and learning environment. Job of the vocational teacher in a vocational school, professional and ethical requirements. Students' characteristics: different learning groups, learning and development needs of students, supporting learning and student development in the learning process. Education process in a vocational school, best practice in planning the learning process, designing the learning environment and supporting the development process of the student. Analysis of the internship experience.
The student works independently with compulsory literature, plans the preliminary internship, performs observational assignments in a vocational school and prepares a development portfolio.
Learning outcomes in the course
After completing the course, the student:
- Analyses the learning environment of the vocational education institution on the basis of observation and the regulations of teaching activities of the school;
- Analyses the job of a vocational teacher based on the role of the teacher and professional and ethical requirements;
- Analyses the education process in a vocational education institution, linking observation results with the theoretical bases of educational sciences and professional pedagogy;
- Analyses the characteristics of students, highlighting the learning and development needs of the group and the students based on the observation results;
- Reflects on their own development needs as a vocational teacher by analysing best practice in vocational education and their own preparedness to work as a vocational education teacher.
Development portfolio, presentation
Lektor Reeli Liivik
The course is a prerequisite