Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Physics (with Minor Field of Study)
Language of instruction
en: Loodusteadused, matemaatika ja statistika
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Study programme aims and objectives
To create an opportunity to acquire a basic Physics education shaping environmental awareness and integrating sciences, show more...
which enables further continuation of studies on master's level according to a Physics-based curriculum (Teacher of Physics, Physics etc);
To promote the formation of skills enabling working as a laboratory technician in schools, higher educational establishments or scientific research instiutions;
To promote the acquisition of an integrated and systemic worldview based on physics and science and the development of adequate analytical skills.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands the general and basic principles of physics together with their experimental and theoretical foundation show more...
- can apply the principles of physics and the methods of gaining knowledge in scientifically based explanation of environmental phenomena, as well as in qualitative and quantitative study of such phenomena
- is capable of critical analysis and evaluation of the physical aspects of the hypotheses presented in literature and the press and of assessing their correspondence with the scientific worldview
- is capable of pinpointing and solving (practically or theoretically) tasks related to his/her field in his specialty area and technology, choosing an appropriate theoretical or practical method or concept to deal with the tasks
- is capable of teamwork in solving a professional task, preparing and performing an experiment as well as in analysis and presentation of results
- can introduce his field of study, addressing audiences with different backgrounds and interests and treating the specifics of the field in a wider cultural context
In order to complete the curriculum, the student has to complete the curriculum in the given workload and also pass obligatory courses, final thesis, etc.
In addition, the curriculum establishes the following conditions: computer literacy needed for university studies; knowledge of one foreign language on level B2; Estonian language proficiency at C1 level for students with Russian-language pre-university education.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits