lecturer of 2022/2023 Spring semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
Brief description of the course
Mathematical modelling and its applications. Linear and nonlinear models, continuous- and discrete-time models, deterministic and stochastic models, static and dynamic models. Principles of constructing models. Modelling as an improvement process. Using operational analysis in modelling. Extremum problems as models. Using the differential/difference equations and their systems in modelling.
Physical, biological, demographic, ecological and economic models. Using the elements of game theory in modelling.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- knows the types of models;
- is able to construct the model;
- knows the principals of mathematical modelling;
- is able to adjust and improve the self-construced models;
- knows the possibilities of using simulation and game theory in modelling.