Course title in Estonian
3D-graafika loomine arvutimängudele
Course title in English
3D Graphics for Computer Games
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2019/2020 Spring semester
Andrus Rinde (inglise keel) tavaline kursus
lecturer of 2020/2021 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
To provide opportunities for obtaining basic knowledge, skills and experience for creating and animating 3D models for computer games.
Brief description of the course
Different 3D modelling techniques (using primitives, block modelling, sculpting). Shaders, materials, textures, lights and cameras. 3D animation, basic physics, skeletal animation, particle animation. Importing 3D models into game environment (i.e. Unity).
During the course, students create 3D models to create game environment and animated characters.
Instructions for independent work will be given at classes and also published on course’s web page.
Freeware program Blender is used for both – practical work at classes and individual work.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner should:
- know the most important concepts related to 3D modeling and animation;
- knows the most important 3D modeling techniques and tools and is able to use them;
- be able to use shaders, create materials, apply textures to 3D models;
- be able to prepare models for skeletal animation (rigging);
- be able to create animations needed to perform game actions (looping and canned animations);
- be able to create basic particle animatios;
- be able to add lights and cameras to 3D scene;
- be able to import 3D models to game environment (i.e. Unity).
The grade is based 100% on practical assignment.
As a prerequisite to access to exam, student must submit all homework for deadline.
Kursust pole võimalik läbida asenduskirjanduse alusel.
To pass this course student must participate in classes.