Course title in Estonian
Foorumteater mitteformaalse õppe meetodina
Course title in English
Forum Theatre as a Method of Non-formal Learning
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2020/2021 Autumn semester
Gertha Teidla-Kunitsõn (inglise keel) tavaline kursus
lecturer of 2020/2021 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
- To introduse forum theatre method and its’ possibilities for practice;
- apply non-formal learning in the form of forum theatre method in academic environment;
- create preconditions for students to apply forum theatre as a method of non-formal learning in the future.
Brief description of the course
An overview of forum theatre as a non-formal learning method, its’ peculiarities and possibilities for practice; link between forum theatre and non-formal learning. The usage of forum theatre as a non-formal learning method in different educational institutions and education types and with different target groups. Offering an opportunity for Erasmus studens and other students from curriculums of School of Educational Science to learn in English.
Deliberative essay on usage of forum theatre as a non-formal learning method in the classroom, study group, in community, with specific target group or society at large (taking into consideration international practice).
Learning outcomes in the course
- knows the forum theatre method, its’ restrictions and possibilities for practice;
- understands non-formal learning in forum theatre.
- knows how to apply forum theatre method and techniques with different target groups as a non-formal learning method.
Assessment method is based on:
- participation in contact lessons;
- using forum theatre techniques in contact lessons;
- timely submission of independent work.
Gertha Teidla-Kunitsõn (MA)
Ainet ei ole võimalik läbida asenduskirjandusega.