Course title in Estonian
Robotiga toestatud õppimine lasteaias ja algklassides
Course title in English
Robot-Supported Learning in the Kindergarten and Primary School
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2020/2021 Autumn semester
Janika Leoste (eesti keel, inglise keel) tavaline kursus
lecturer of 2020/2021 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
Support the development of practical skills and educational technological competences for the safe use of simpler robotics tools in the context of primary and primary education, for the integration and diversification of educational and educational activities.
Brief description of the course
The contact day includes learning of a robotics platform (BeeBot, BlueBot, Ozobot, Dash, Edison, Sphero, Lego WeDo), co-creating a learning resource (a structured document about how to conduct a daily activity or lesson using a robot as a learning tool), conducting a demo lesson to other participants, and reflection.
Independent work includes: 1) reading articles and/or watching videos about using educational robotics platforms in teaching and learning activities, 2) creating a learning design for one robotics platform, based on one freely chosen teaching activity in either kindergarten or school, using the H5P environment https://h5p.org/. The material should include at least 10 different templates, of which half should be interactive.
Learning outcomes in the course
1) has an overview about basic educational robotics tools that are suitable for preschool and primary school,
2) is able to collaboratively creat and adapt robot supported integrative learning materials,
3)is able to evaluate security risks related to the use of robotics tools and make proposals for their management
4) is able to reflect one's own teaching and to design changes in teaching and educating processes.
Passed/not passed grading. The level of expected participation should be at least 50% of contact days. Methods of assessment:
- active participation in team work during contact days
- group oral presentations of created learning activities
- an individual written learning design for a robot-supported learning activity in the kindergarten or elementary school, including at least 3 references.