Brief description of the course
1. Introduction to the Treaties and Institutions. Legislative Procedures.
2. Free Movement of Goods (FMG)
3. Citizenship and Free Movement of People (FMP)
4. Right of Establishment and Freedom to Provide Services
5. Free Movement of Capital (FMC)
6. Competition Law
7. Anti-Discrimination Law
8. External Relations
9. Legal Remedies and Enforcement of EC Law
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
Knows the components and main legal basis of EU law;
Has an overview about the EU’s aims, legal sources (incl. the basic principles, legal acts), legislative procedures, institutional structure, free movements, application of law;
Has a vision of the recent constitutional developments of the EU and the reasons for such developments.