Course title in Estonian
Hispaania keel C1.2
Course title in English
lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
Clara Del Rey (language of instruction: Spanish)
lecturer of 2022/2023 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
To provide the bases for the acquisition of competences in oral and written Spanish at the C1.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Language.
Brief description of the course
Grammar: Production of complex expressions, such as relative clauses naturally and accurately. Not personal forms of the verb. Contrast of the subjunctive-indicative mood. Expression of the probability and of the condition. Reported speech. Passive voice. Use and non-use of articles.
Writing skills: Write short essay about the topics discussed during the classes. Express ideas accurately and fluently in writing.
Listening, reading and understanding: speaking fluently, accuracy in structure and syntax, interpreting spoken material, Internet messages, lectures and other materials spoken using a variety of regional dialects. Participate daily in class discussions.
The pre-requisite for the registration is C1.1 level in Spanish.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- can understand long and complex factual and literary texts as well as differences in style; can read without difficulty literary texts of contemporary Spanish and Spanish-American authors;
- can write clear and well-structured text and express his/her points of view at some length;
- can write an academic article;
- can synthesise information from a number of sources;
- can construct a chain of reasoned argument;
- can follow most lectures, discussions and debates with relative ease;
- can make academic presentations;
- can express him/herself fluently and use language effectively for social purposes;
- can use language creatively;
- can recognise a wide range of idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms;
- can analyse the syntactic and grammar aspects of the sentences;
- can reflect on his/her language learning.
Juan Carlos Monroy Perez
Study programmes containing that course