Course title in Estonian
Saksa keel B1.1
Course title in English
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
Õie Kirs (saksa keel) tavaline kursus
Andine Frick (saksa keel) tavaline kursus
lecturer of 2019/2020 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The course is designed to target the students whose command of German equals to A2 level (Waystage) according to ELP (the European Language Portfolio). To develop language skills which enable students to cope in various everyday situations and be able to consider cultural background and differences. The course also includes aspects of German for Specific Purposes. To use German at B1 level (Threshold) according to ELP.
Brief description of the course
Integrated development of the proficiency of the four language skills (reading, listening, speaking and writing) in accordance with the B1 language level.
Reading and summarising simpler texts of speciality. Discussions on the speciality topics
Individual work involves fulfilling home assignments, homereading, work with dictionaries, preparation for individual and group presentations both in oral and written form.
Learning outcomes in the course
- ability to grasp the gist of everyday speech or radio and TV programmes;
- comprehension of written texts which include frequently used words and phrases;
- ability to communicate on familiar topics of interest;
- skills of exploiting grammatical structures;
- ability to justify and clarify personal opinions in oral and written form;
- ability to give an overview of topics in the area of specialisation.
Lektor Carlos Monroy
Hartmut Aufderstraße, Jutta Müller, Thomas Storz. Lagune 3 (Õpik ja töövihik). Hueber.
Kodulugemine üliõpilase valikul (20 lehekülge).