Course title in Estonian
Vorm ja materjal
Course title in English
Form and Material
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2018/2019 Spring semester
Tiiu Kirsipuu (eesti keel)
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
The aim of the course is to create prerquisites for gaining an overview of the main directions and means of expressions in morphology. To create prerequisites for developing modelling and composition skills, gaining basic knowledge in morphology, drafting and implementing spatial objects and installations, taking into consideration the principles of harmony of ideas, form and material.
Brief description of the course
The course consists of three main components:
1. Developing the sekills for sensing the form, space and stylising the room. Different modelling and composition methods and tools are being learned and used.
2. Attributes of different materials (e.g. glass, clay, plactic, etc.). Technical options in creating spatial objects. Necessary technical skills will be gained (different materials) for creating a chosen object and presenting the idea.
3. Introduction ot installation and options for creating a composition as part of the spatial wholeness. How to use different materials and objects taking into conisderation concept, ideas and themes. The examples are being looked at from history and contempary times.
Introduction to specialised reading and different spatial and installation art projects. Visits to real and virtual exhibitions. Drafting ideas. Finishing and retouching studio works. Compiling notes, that reflects contextual options, where and how certain materials have been used.
Learning outcomes in the course
- is familiar with modelling principles and knows and senses the form
- is able to generalise the surface and form, and stilyse it
- know the language of contemporary morphology
- knows different materials and their properties
- is able to use the selected material for their creative idea in the best possible way
- knows their way around in option for creating a spatial composition and is able to apply those skills in selected environment
- apprehends the wholeness of composition and form
- has an overview of spacial installation developments in the world and Estonia
Dots. Tiiu Kirsipuu, lekt. Sofi Aršas, Jaana Kormašov
Sculpture today. Phaidon" (2007), Leo Rohlin „Keraamika käsiraamat“ (2006), Klaas, sulatustehnikad P.Beveridge, I.Domenech, E.Pascual (2004), Glass casting and moldmaking : glass fusing. Book 3.Lundstrom, B. (1989), Kiln firing glass : glass fusing.Lundstrom, B. (1994)
Kuna tegemist on praktilise ainega, siis õppeaine ei ole kirjandusega asendatav.