Course title in Estonian
Transmeedia loojutustuse teooriad ja meetodid
Course title in English
Transmedia Storytelling Theories and Methods
lecturer of 2020/2021 Spring semester
Alessandro Nanì (õpetamise keel: English) ordinary course
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
- to support the study of theories of transmedia storytelling;
- to provide analytical models applicable to transmedia narratives;
- to explore how different media texts such as ‘learning games’ can serve as tools to support different fields
Brief description of the course
The course is an overview of theories of transmedia storytelling, one that builds from general theories to the specific examination of practices and models applicable to different sub-areas of transmedia.
The course is divided in four sections:
“Introduction”. The section provides the context in which transmedia has flourished and a general overview of the terminology and theories of transmedia storytelling.
“Medium”. The section covers the variety of media that are typically involved in transmedia narratives.
"Audience" The section focuses on transmedia storytelling linked to issues of participation and engagement of, not only the typical AV audiences, but even the general public.
“Analysis”. The section supports the critical examination of case studies of transmedia narratives with a specific focus on areas such as education, journalism and civic participation.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student...
After successful completion the students will share:
- knowledge of fundamental theoretical approaches to transmedia practices;
- ability to understand and analyse transmedia narratives;
- understanding of the potentials of transmedia storytelling applied to different fields.
Alessandro Nani, MA
Õppekavaversioonid, millesse aine kuulub