Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Ärindus, haldus ja õigus
Study programme group
business and administration
Study programme subgroup
en: Turundus ja reklaam
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
Entrance examination: interview; a letter of motivation should be submitted with other admission documents.
Level B2 in English language is required to begin studies in English
sotsiaalteaduse magister (kommunikatsioonijuhtimine)
Study programme aims and objectives
- Develop systematic knowledge of modern communication theories, methods and applications;
- Create systematic knowledge and competence in communication management in general and more specifically in public relations and organisational communication;
- Create prerequisites to design and manage communication, solve problems innovatively by using analytical thinking, scientific knowledge and the best international practice;
- Create prerequisites for conducting research and finding application for research results in the field of communication;
- Achieve readiness for competent professional interaction at an international level by having the necessary knowledge and language skills;
- Develop prerequisites at the highest level of academic studies and understand the necessity of lifelong learning, also skills to mediate knowledge;
- Support cultural and ethical values.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows contemporary theory and methods of communication and media, and their application show more...
- has systematic knowledge and competence in communication management and more specifically in the field of public relations and corporate communications
- is able to recognize problems in the given field, to produce innovative solutions by applying scientific ways of thinking and proper practice, to design and manage corporate communications
- has readiness to be innovative
- can handle specific professional knowledge in the wider context of culture and society
- is aware of the ethical and legal regulations of his/her given field and is able to solve complicated situations in accordance with the norms and values of society
- is able to conduct research in the field of communication management and apply research results
- has a readiness for competent professional interaction at an international level by having the necessary knowledge and language skills
- is able to identify the need for continuing studies and professional development
- has readiness and skills to mediate knowledge
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis.
International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course FKI6004.FK in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits