Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Geoecology (with Minor Field of Study)
Language of instruction
en: Loodusteadused, matemaatika ja statistika
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Study programme aims and objectives
To create opportunities for understanding general spatial and temporal concepts of natural systems;
To create prerequisites for independent research and proceeding studies at the master's level;
To develop skills for working in research institutions, public and private companies and municipal authorities (in the area of landscape ecology, environmental geochemistry, nature and environment protection, climatology).
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the basic concepts and theoretical basis of natural sciences show more...
- is able to understand the dynamics of natural processes, to analyze contemporary global problems and the impact of human activity to them
- is able to orientate in special scientific literature and to find information independently
- is able to find the most suitable method, according the knowledge gained, to resolve environmental problems and to put them into practice
- is able to express him/herself in writing and orally and is capable of doing research in natural science
- is able to use analytical and critical thinking for resolving environmental problems and making social decisions
Student must pass all the courses stipulated by the curriculum, and defend a final thesis.
In addition, the curriculum establishes the following conditions: computer literacy needed for university studies; knowledge of one foreign language on level B2; Estonian language proficiency at C1 level for students with Russian-language pre-university education.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits