Course title in Estonian
E-valitsuse õiguslikud alused
Course title in English
Legal Aspects of E-governance
lecturer of 2022/2023 Autumn semester
Juri Mets (language of instruction:English)
lecturer of 2022/2023 Spring semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
To give an overview and understanding of:
- the basic principles of e-governance from the legal and legal policy aspects;
- the legal regulation areas and legislative acts of e-governance (that are linked with e-governance);
- what is the necessary regulation for e-governance, what bodies conduct it, with what instruments (laws, regulations, licenses, decisions);
- what kind of legal and legal policy changes are needed to introduce or/and develop e-governance.
To discuss practical examples.
Brief description of the course
Overview and analyse of the legal aspects and regulations of e-governance. What is necessary to regulate with the legislation for successful introduction of e-governance? What is a good practice? How it Works? What is necessary to develop? What kind of changes are necessary?
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- has an overview and understanding about the main legal principles of e-governance, about the areas of legislation and legal acts that affect e-governance, and about the ways how the e-governance is or should be regulated;
- is familiar with the main terminology on the subject;
- can discuss e-governance legal issues in law and legal policy context;
- can solve practical legal questions in the area.
Study programmes containing that course