Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
Mobile Devices Workshop
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
õppejõud on määramata
lecturer of 2019/2020 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The purpose of the course is to provide:
• An overview of the field of mobile technologies
• How to establish an application concept
• How to draw sketches
• How to create mockups
• How to make interactive prototypes
Brief description of the course
The course will cover the following set of topics:
• The recent developments in the field of mobile devices and
changes in hardware as well as software
• Using concept mapping to establish application concepts and
gather feedback of peers to improve the initial application
• Choosing a technology to develop a mobile application
• Drawing low-fidelity sketches of the application’s user interface and linking them together in a state transition diagram
• Drawing high-fidelity of the application’s user interface and
linking them together in a state transition diagram
• Creating an interactive application prototype using HTML5 and CSS3 or native software development kits.
The student is expected to work the majority of time on the team project independently in the group and contribute according to the role assigned by the team.
Learning outcomes in the course
• The student is familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of mobile development.
• The student is able to choose an appropriate platform and technology to develop a mobile application.
• The student is able to design mobile applications and develop the most basic of them.
• The student has had a specific contribution to the team project and is able to describe his/her contribution.
• The student has taken active participation in the seminar and has been able to take part in the discussions of the topics covered in the course.
Requirements for participating in studies: The student has attended 75% of the contact lectures.
Ilya Shmorgun. Supporting Interaction Design Processes with Concept Mapping. Retrieved 06.09.2011 from http://www.cs.tlu.ee/teemaderegister/get_file.php?id=112&name=ilja_smorgun.pdf
Institute for Human and Machine Cognition. The Theory Underlying Concept Maps and How to Construct and Use Them. Retrieved 06.09.2011 from http://cmap.ihmc.us/Publications/ResearchPapers/TheoryCmaps/TheoryUnderlyingConceptMaps.htm
It is not possible to finish the course only with replacement literature.
Kursust pole võimalik läbida ainult asenduskirjanduse alusel.