Course title in Estonian
MS Windows´i operatsioonisüsteemid
Course title in English
MS Windows Operating Systems
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
õppejõud on määramata
lecturer of 2019/2020 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The purpose of the course is to give the overall knowledge of the principles of maintaining MS Windows family operating systems and usage of the common administrative tools.
Brief description of the course
•History and development of the MS Windows operating systems.
•Installation: partition management, file system types (FAT32 and NTFS), usage and management of NTFS file system permissions
•Post installation configuration
•System configuration – security management, group policy, system registry
•User account management
•Data backup and recovery
Tasks (based on given requirements):
•Configuration of NTFS file system permissions.
•Configuration of Group Policy settings.
•Management of user and group accounts
•Backing up and recovering data using tools introduced during lectures (or tools with similar functions found by participants of the course).
Student must complete four individual assignments.
Completing these assignments is prerequisite for exam.
Learning outcomes in the course
After finishing the course the student:
* is able to install MS Windows operating systems;
* is able to configure MS Windows operating systems to fit different requirements;
* is able to name, find and use administrative tools;
* knows main subsystems of MS Windows operating systems and is able to name their functions;
* is able to name features of MS Windows operating systems and explain differences between them.
Loengu konspekt/ Lecture notes.
Ainet pole võimalik läbida asenduskirjanduse alusel.