Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Sotsiaalteadused, ajakirjandus ja teave
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree in Psychology, Diploma of Professional Higher show more...
Education or a corresponding qualification
sotsiaalteaduse magister (psühholoogia)
Study programme aims and objectives
- Give thorough knowledge of the main modern psychological theories, models and methods;
- Give the skills of conducting psychological research and of implementing the results;
- Enable acquisition of thorough knowledge in three orientations: counseling psychology, school psychology and organisational psychology.
- Support the formation of necessary professional skills for working as a psychologist, counselor, psychological aid provider or in an academic position;
- Support the ability to analyze the problems of the society and to participate in solving them;
- Form the ability to evaluate the need of self-education and continuation toward professional development (incl. in the doctorate program of psychology).
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has knowledge of the main theories, models and methods of psychology, thorough knowledge of modern directions in counseling, school- or organisational psychology show more...
- is able to critically evaluate and analyze psychological theories, results of studies and their methodological correctness
- is able to apply acquired knowledge in professional work, ability to plan and critically analyze one's work
- is able to work in the position of a psychologist, counselor and other psychological aid provider or academic position
- is able to participate in professional discussions and use specific professional knowledge also in the broader societal context
- is able to evaluate the need for self-education and for continuing toward professional development (in the doctorate program of psychology)
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits