Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Sotsiaalteadused, ajakirjandus ja teave
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
- Master Degree in psychology or an equivalent level of academic education.
- Potential superviser must have the PhD in psychology and be active researcher in the field of psychology at least past 5 years.
- Doctoral project has to be presented (about 5 pages) and signed by potential superviser.
- Entrance exam: a) discussion about the doctoral project; b) estimation of candidate´s CV and publications.
Study programme aims and objectives
-To create premises for acquiring the highest scientific qualification in psychology;
- To support the development of competence for working as an independent specialist in different areas of psychology that presuppose deep knowledge in psychology;
- To support the development of new generation of researchers, academicians, and specialists;
- To create premises for acquiring high level qualifications in psychology that are needed for composing psychological expertices, councel, and consult in different areas
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows new trends in psychology and deep knowledge in the field of doctoral theses show more...
- understands the role and meaning of psychology in a broad contex of social sciences
- is able to analyze and critically evaluate different studies,
paradigms, theories and models of psychology
- is capable to plan and organize R&D activities, critically analyze and evaluate results
- is competent in teaching psychology and supporting the students' learning process
- is able to present results of scientific research in scientific communication
- is able to introduce specific psychology related knowledge in the larger context of the society and culture, participate in discussions in the society and affect social decision processes
- knows ethical and professional standards int the field of practical psychology
- is able to prepare and perform international research projects
- knows the deep knowledge of research methods, new trends and theories in psychology
In order to complete the curriculum, the student must complete the curriculum to the required extent and also defend the doctoral thesis.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits