Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Loodusteadused, matemaatika ja statistika
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Magistrikraad or an equivalent level of academic education.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To facilitate a comprehensive and systematic academic education show more...
in natural sciences and to create opportunities for self-relient research work on internationally recognised level;
- Development of competencies for working as highly qualified academicians, specialists in the research institutions, public and private companies and local authorities assuring the development of speciality.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is able to apply scientific methodologies and research practices for understanding the basics and interdisciplinarity of natural sciences show more...
- is capable of analyzing critically scientific problems related to their specialisation and raise scientific research questions in natural sciences
- is able to create research design and to apply modern research and data analysis
- is capable of presenting the results of the research in written and oral format to specialists as well as to public
- is capable of disseminating the knowledge by supervising and teaching
- is able to understand the need for continuous professional growth and development
240 CP (credit points) of which the doctoral thesis is 180 CP.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits