Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
Töö- ja tehnoloogiaõpetus
study programme title in Engl.
Craft and Technology Education
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education
State examinations: mother tongue (estonian school) or for graduates from Russian-medium schools national examination in Estonian 50%.
Entrance examination 50% consisting of general technical knowledge test and individual conversation.
Study programme aims and objectives
To create prerequisites for acquiring basic education in general technical craft, which would enable to start working in the profession or continue studies on the Master's level;
To support the formation of the general cultural and technical world view;
To create possibilities for the formation of ethical, aesthetic, and ecological values.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the properties and traditions of the material aspect of the Estonian national culture show more...
- creatively uses the acquired technical and technological knowledge and skills and is able to associate the theory and practice
- is able to use professional literature and information technological means to analyse and solve problems in his/her field of specialisation
- has primary skills in carrying out research in his/her field of specialisation
- analyses his/her professional activity and plans future development
In order to complete the curriculum the student must cover the curriculum in the set volume, including passing the compulsory subjects, write and defend the Bachelor's thesis.
As a condition for graduating the curriculum prescribes: mastery of one foreign language on the European Language Portfolio B2 level; computer skills necessary for studying in the university; Estonian language skills on level C1 for students from Russian language schools.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits