Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education show more...
or a corresponding qualification
haridusteaduse magister (kutseõpetaja)
Study programme aims and objectives
To give an academical education and competence for working as a vocational teacher;
To form an understanding from function of vocational education at society;
To prepare student for continues studies, including studies on Doctoral level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows basic terminology, theory and research methods of educational sciences, vocational training and didactics show more...
- knows different educational paradigms and evaluates critically the possibilities to implement them
- knows how to create interdisciplinary links between pedagogical-psychological and professional knowledge
- is able to describe and analyse a pedagogical process and factors influencing it, incl. self-reflection and planning for future activities
- demonstrates deeper knowledge in the area of educational sciences and teacher training through independent research in Estonian as well as in a foreign language
- is ready to participate in civil society and follows ethic principles
- has right to apply for vocational teacher qualification V
The curriculum sets the following requirements:
-for a part-time student, show more...
proficiency in one foreign language at level B1 according to the Common European Framework of References for Languages;
- for graduates of Russian language high schools, proficiency in Estonian at level C1;
- computer skills necessary for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses