Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HK - Haapsalu College
Study programme title in Est.
Käsitöötehnoloogiad ja disain
study programme title in Engl.
Handicraft Technology and Design
Language of instruction
Professional Higher Education studies
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education, show more...
humanitaarteaduse bakalaureus, rakenduskõrgharidusõppe diplom
Study programme aims and objectives
To create preconditions for:
- developing creative, self-realizing people who are aware of the nature of handicraft technology and design, show more...
who in their work rely both on traditional culture and its techniques and modern design methods;
- being able to recognise interdisciplinary relations between different applications of handicraft technology;
- being aware of basic concepts, theoretical principles and research methods of handicraft technology and design; being able to formulate and solve different problems of the field;
- obtaining necessary skills to initiate projects and develop teamwork in the field of handicraft technology and design;
- developing the readiness to work as a specialist or entrepreneur in the field of handicraft technology and design;
- becoming autonomous learners who are open to innovation and ready for professional self-development, active involvement in society and continuing their studies at Master´s level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the basic concepts, theoretical principles and research methodology of handicraft technology and design show more...
- is able to define the problems related to handicraft technologies and design and to analyse and evaluate different solutions in a wider societal context
- has acquired the crucial skills for professional activities, is able to use and select necessary work tools, materials and computer software
- is able to compose, coordinate and manage different projects in the field of handicraft technology and design
- is able to apply the acquired skills and obtained knowledge in practice and to work as a professional or an entrepreneur
- is familiar with the contemporary technological possibilities, local culture and global conditions
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the final portfolio. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students is the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, and it is recommended to pass at least one subject in English and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits