Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
languages and cultures
Study programme subgroup
en: Kirjandus ja lingvistika
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Magistrikraad or a corresponding qualification.
English C1 level.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To support students’ development into highly qualified specialists and instructors in the field of linguistics, show more...
including a speciality module with a focus on a particular language;
- to create facilities for the development of skills and knowledge necessary for rigorous research in the chosen speciality.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is able to formulate and solve research questions in linguistics show more...
- has knowledge of the scope of linguistic research and research methods
- is able to present his/her views in a well-argued manner both orally and in writing
- is able to transfer his/her skills and knowledge through teaching and supervising
- is able to identify problems of scholarly ethics
- is able to plan and to hold lectures and seminars within his/her area of expertise
240 CP (credit points) of which general subjects are 18 CP, core subjects 24 CP, show more...
individual subjects 18 CP and Doctoral thesis 180 CP.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits