Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
Eesti keele ja kirjanduse õpetaja
study programme title in Engl.
Teacher of Estonian Language and Literature
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification. show more...
Admission is based on the results of the vocational aptitude exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To enable emergence of teaching competence for starting the teacher’s training year;
- To support research-based approach in teacher’s work and readiness for constant professional self-development;
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is capable of planning and managing a study program, designing a learning environment, guiding individual learning and encouraging study motivation show more...
- possesses leadership and teamwork skills necessary for engaging different partners, such as learners, colleagues and other partners in the educational system
- is able to apply scientific methods and educational/technological tools in analyzing and designing a learning programme and environment and in evaluating the learner´s progress
- demonstrates knowledge of different learning approaches, child development, education in society and the professional and ethical requirements for a teacher
- understands the two didactic sub-fields of their mother tongue: the in-depth knowledge of Estonian language and literature and the awareness of recent developments in Estonian culture
- is prepared to assess their professional activity and plan further learning and professional development
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses